Monday, April 7, 2014

Sock Making Series # 4

My series continue with another finished socks:

Original pattern: Duckies

Material:
yarn: Nedy (251 yards/230 m/50 g), 1.5 balls
reinforcing yarn (to make it look more interesting, not just green again...)
DPNs US 2 (2.5 mm)
stitch marker

Gauge: 24 sts x 36 rows = 4" x 4"
Skills: heel flap, gusset, other toe, kitchener, made top-cuff-down
List of abbreviations



I really like the pattern, it's very easy to make, but looks great. I changed the pattern of heel flap, because the simple stockinette stitch seemed to me too common:

RS: knit all stitches
WS: P1, slip 1 st with yarn held in front of the work

I tried to finish toe with kitchener stitch as written. It was the first time and I think also the last time. Maybe it's caused by not enough practice, but I just don't like it. There are many other kinds of toe finishing that I'll prefer to use next time. But I'm glad I tried it.




No comments:

Post a Comment