Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sock Making Series # 3

I just love hand-knitted socks. I've always adored all the socks I saw in magazines that were made on thin needles. So I decided to try it to find out if it's worth working so many stitches in a round. I took the thinnest double-pointed needles I had and started. And I have to say that the result surprised me very well. These socks fit great, much better than socks with lower number of stitches per round, perfectly to my narrow foot and look just amazing.



Original pattern

Material:
yarn: Sportivo (459 yards/420 m/100 g), 1 ball
DPNs US 0 (2 mm)
stitch marker

Gauge: 30 sts x 42 rows = 4" x 4"
Skills: gusset, heel-flap, wide-toe, made top-cuff-down



I'm very happy I've finished them before going to holiday. A week ago I came from Thailand back to the Czech republic and even if the temperatures here are quite high for this season I'm still cold at evening. So I really do appreciate I can wear them...






2 comments: