I really like Granny square motifs, but I've never tried to make anything out of them. Until now. I decided for a bag which consists of 16 Freesia squares (showed on the picture below). The original pattern can be found here.
I was little bit worried about blocking the squares. But everything fell out well and all the squares were the same, with the same measurements.
Blocked squares were crocheted together with a row of single crochet according to the scheme from Inga's crocheted bag from Ravelry database. A different granny square is described here, also nice but not too suitable for my one-color project.
You can download the pattern here.
And here is the result of my effort...
I just love it, but I'm going to add a lining in addition to avoid things falling through. I decided for a fabric in a contrast color that would emphasize design of the bag. I used about half a yard of fabric.